PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - New Conditions
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 19:54
chinawladi

Some interesting postings on the thread. It seems that the predominant issue is about having the family in Dubai. I totally agree. The city is developing a hostile environment for the kids and the missus once she gets fed up with Karama or the MoE. To know they have to venture on Dubai’s roads every day becomes unbearable and if you want to choose either school or home to minimize this impact, you’re confronted with unbearable costs and timeframes. I suppose that given a little more time to the miserably organised megalomania of Dubai’s infrastructure, even a suparcalifragilistic payrise would not hold back the exodus of fed-up families and with them their dad-pilot. EK might think that they can fill the gap with newbees, but they get somewhat rare and if they want to take in the still waiting but less experienced, then their training expenditure gets too big (and if they hate something, it's "cost"). - What to do, as EK can’t stop the screwing up of the neighborhoods, roads, beaches, clubs, desert (in short: Lifestyle)?
All our ideas rotate around commuting rosters and basings, and they are certainly the shortest term solutions to the threatening pilot shortage. Many would then consider staying longer. It wouldn’t be rocket science to implement and it would certainly be COST NEUTRAL (Squeely!!), but it would need a little less ego and a little more brain power.
But I’m afraid that as long as such ******* ******** like AAR and TC remain in their armchairs, nothing will happen. Their ego would rather run EK into the ground than give us the minimum we request as to retain the majority among us.
But maybe EK could make a survey among the Audi-drivers, this will certainly bring up a similarly intelligent answer to this topic as the new pick-up scam.