PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night trg w/o lights
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 10:30
TheWizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but don't you think that military in peacetime public airspace, that creates a risk to flight safety should not be discussed openly?
and has anybody with the correct knowledge (and I mean current rules not legacy or what 'used to happen') admitted there is a risk to flight safety then? Do you really think military crews are happy to flly around in the dark putting themselves in harms way on purpose?
Has there been any military training accidents in recent years at night due to using the correct procedures? Not that I am aware of.
Open discussion is fine, but when it involves snippets of correct information and plenty of 'assumptions' then usually the wrong conclusions are drawn. As I said, it is not a clever idea to discuss current tactics and associated procedures on a worldwide public forum. If those reading this thread are current Mil aviators then they will be well aware of the facts. If those others that are reading this are 'concerned' with military activity, remember, as has been stated elsewhere - there are rules and regs in place to allow proper training to take place in notified areas. We don't just blunder into any old airspace willy nilly, unlike some civilian pilots it has to be said