PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr O'leary Says What He Thinks!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2007, 18:59
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crospaul
Ah give it a rest with the Willie Walsh and MOL crap. The both of them do a great job and run very successful airlines (fact). People who moan about them are just jealous of their success. His quotes are hilarious and its even funnier when people tristar and thegorilla get more annoyed.
Sure since Willie Walsh has left Aer Lingus that airline has been farting about since then, they need him back.
Go and moan about Andrew Harrison or something.
Sorry Crospaul - yes indeed Willie Walsh is running a very sucessful airline... He didnt make it successful, he inherited it and is now running it into the ground quicker than YOU could say 'To be sure...' He has done doo-diddly squat to improve the fortunes of BA - Take a look at the current situation which has been brewing ever since he took over.
From your tone, I dont think you work for BA or have the slightest clue about what goes on within BA... I have 10 years service - loyal at that.
Do you really think EI would want WW back? I think not. WW was brought into BA to do the same as he done at EI - strip it down - Thats a fact...
By the way, the business fraternity in London are very uneasy about the way BA is going. No investment, pension crisis deepening, cabin crew strike threat (future bookings down), Regional staff redundancies, pending fuel surcharge court action, equal pay for all staff issues - ALL since he took the
controls. The list goes on.
Being honest, Iam not annoyed one bit. Iam just observing in the FR case, how stupid (being polite here) and 'off the wall' MOL is... It doesnt bother me in the slightest how FR make their way in the world, but being involved in the industry, it does tend to make one wonder how the hell he manages to run such a company and make such vast sums of money after making such comments regarding his staff and the industry he so loves to hate...
So, waken up and smell the coffee. These guys are all talk and the only reason they are where they are, is down to staff putting in the work - hard work at that. Without loyal hardworking staff and the passengers they deal with - these shmucks wouldnt get jobs in Burger King as managers... (Absolutely NO offence to Burger King - honest!!!)

PS - Glad he never wanted to be a pilot (MOL) anyway... He doesnt have the coordination skills ie Brain to Mouth. God only knows how WW got a command....

Last edited by tristar500; 19th Jan 2007 at 19:26.