PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet - Emergency landing into John Lennon, Liverpool
Old 19th Jan 2007, 13:56
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone still seems to be arguing about the UK. What happens outside UK? The empire went decades ago.Teamilksugar is the only other one to make any comment about the original thought from F.C. which was to find an internationally agreed terminology to use in this scenario.
Suggestions here and on a postcard to JAA/ICAO.

But, firstly, is PAN respected outside UK? Anyone had any experiences? From the ATCO's point of view I agree totally that, to have everyone kicking the ball in the same direction, it would be helpful to state the time until you have to do something else; leave the hold to land, divert, what ever it might be.
Only had to do such a thing once; heavy snow in the old MUC. Long holding and snow clearing delays. All unforecast. The G/A route went opposite to our diversion route. A simple call to ATC, that in the event of a G/A it would be an immediate diversion and a turn direct to the ALT, not standard G/A, would be required. All agreed and planned in advance by everyone on the team. Fortunately, all unnecessary in the end.

All other diversions have been handled excellently by ATC, but none under nervous conditions. When it's time to go, it's time to go and don't waste time thinking about it.