PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming; should I still go ahead with training?
Old 18th Jan 2007, 09:31
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 227 Likes on 88 Posts
Yep, I can be harsh. And unfair.

I hope all Wannabes do well and succeed. After all, thats why I'v been here for 7 years long after I stopped being a Wannabe.

Part of the role is to encourage and provide useful information and advice. But its a massive task and Scroggs and I cannot do it ourselves as it would take all day and be very tedious.

What we can and do do is encourage debate. We motivate people to wade in with counter arguments or supporting ones. I often do it by calling a spade a bloody shovel and that causes indignation or delight in roughly equal measure. YOU then all barrel in with your comment and thus a lot of material is produced for the orginal poster. I can't do it too often else it becomes an obvious formula.

There's a bit to this moderating business you know..

Anyway, the lad in question doesn't know enough about what he's about to write cheques for and would benefit from being told so. Which is what I did. A few more years getting to grips with the business and maturing and saving some of his own money would be advisable before taking the plunge. I think.

Cheers