PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr O'leary Says What He Thinks!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2007, 07:37
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear! Here we go again. People getting all upset at Mr. O'Leary because they are so gullible.

Whilst O'Leary is able to bring out the extremes in people whenever he airs his point of view, I think youl find his comment "I have never wanted to be an Airline Pilot like the 'Goons' that populate the industry!!" refers more to the people that manage the business and work around aircraft rather than just the pilots themselves. Of course, with his broad, all encompassing statement, he is probably refering to many of his own employees too.

Many of us could echo his statement whilst refering to our bosses. I mean, I have never wanted to be an outspoken airline boss like some of the gobsh!tes that populate the industry. Of course, O'Leary's statements can be interpreted by his own sheeplike pilots as just one more insult to add to their pathetic terms and conditions.

Oh what fun it must be to work for Ryanair when you know you are so valued. Like lambs to the slaughter, O'Leary's pilots and other staff put up with the knowledge that they are just "goons" working for pathetic terms in order to make him even richer at their expense.

Give O'Leary his dues. He certainly knows how to attract desperate pilots who find out the hard way that working for a bullying management and a boss who knows how to extract every last bit of money from them is not quite what they expected.

What with Joe Public who are prepared to risk being treated like cattle in order to save a few quid and meek pilots who are so easily divided because so many of them are prepared to fly for peanuts, we now have an outspoken airline (I use the term very loosely) boss who is raking it in, literally at their expense. Horses for courses.