PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QL to QF's new recruitment process
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2007, 00:53
Mstr Caution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would expect that the recruitment process is unchanged, only the minimum criteria for employment has changed. ie: waivering educational requirements etc in leiu of an observed performance history in QL.

So guys & gals will still have to jump thru the normal selection hoops.

(However, I have yet to have seen the change of policy & would be interested if someone could post it here)

I wouldnt expect any change to the recruitment process & candidates from QL would still be competing against non QF employees for S/O slots.

That competitive application versus other candidate thing.

There will never never ever be a group opportunity list!

When a QF mainline Captain retires, this results in about 5 subsequent mainline promotions. Adding say, QL & Jetstar to a group opportunity list would only increase the training requirements.

When AFAP was pushing for integration to Qantas Mainline, Strong stated he would sell off the subsidiaries before allowing integration/group opportunities. Nothing has changed since.

The only positive I see would be, making available a pool of candidates(whom would not have otherwise applied) should some pilot shortage occur. Maybe improving subsidiary engagement levels in the process.

Best of luck though to you guys & girls cause you deserve better in my opinion. Isn't there 296 slots comming up over the next 3 years at the big Q? When the A380 arrives anyway!

This is not my opinion as to how to manage subsidiary employees, just the observed facts.