PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan: Time To Make A Stand
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 15:02
Bongo Bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling All B737 Pilots

Dear Fellow Aviators and Brothers in Arms on the 737 Fleet:

On consultation with persons much wiser than myself; I feel that we all must move forward as one whole pilot body within the company.

With this in mind, can I ask all B737 pilots to send their answers to the questions noted above, with the addition of their fleet, to the email address below.

[email protected]

Once I have received the answers from enough pilots I will publish the results. Please note, I will forward the email that I have sent to the B767 pilots once I receive a complete mailing list for all pilots on the 737 fleet.

For the benefit of everyone; the situation legally is thus:

We must have 10% recognition for the Union to approach the Company to ask if they will recognise the Union voluntarily.

If they decline, then we must push for 50% recognition plus 1. However, we can ballot for a vote with less than 50%, as long as people vote yes to recognition, but this allows for a narrower mandate for the Union to work towards.

We may be able to divide the company into fleets, with regards to recognition, thereby only requiring 50% of the 767 fleet to join the Union. However, I say may , as to date it has not been done before. This is obviously not desirable as our colleagues on the 737 fleet have issues as well.

I will leave you with these thoughts. Thank you to everyone who has emailed me so far.

Safe Flying