PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan: Time To Make A Stand
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 11:15
Bongo Bill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Next Step

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your various messages of support both public and private. However, so that this does not drift into a generalised moaning session with no practical outcome, let me propose the next course of action.

I have each of the B767 pilots email addresses. I will send each of you an email from myself, using my pprune name, asking for 3 pieces of information.

1. Are you employed or contract.
2. What is your union preference.
3. Do I have permission to forward your email to the union.

I will send to you all the results of the vote for which union to use, as well as posting it on this forum.

I would then ask that once we have everyone's union preference, we stick together and go with the majority vote.

The issue over contract pilots and employees is a moot point. The union representation is decided upon by the percentage of permanent employees that are members. The number of contractors is immaterial. One would then hope that the benefits achieved for the employees, such as a scheduling agreement and choice of hotels, would be enjoyed by the contractors as well.

At this stage I am not sure if we can divide the pilot body into seperate groups of short and longhaul, or by fleet. I would ask the B737 guys reading this to try and co-ordinate some form of action similar to what I propose for their fleet.

So then colleagues, the next you will hear from me is by email. Please spread the word and reply to my email promptly. Then we can show our management that, actually no, they cannot treat us like this.

All the best!