PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commander's Discretion, and then some!
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2007, 02:16
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Bloggs

404, you are full of Sh!tt.
Really? Pretty typical response from a CPU moron like yourself. Attack the person. Is that straight out of you guide book on intimidation? After all you seem to get on here and do it all the time. People that know me know I’m nowhere near associated with management. For your information I have studied aspects of law when I was at uni and I can tell you that your interpretation of Commanders discretion is wrong but that is totally expected from someone that only sees things from an industrially militant point of view.

• First of all 18 hours FDP can be exceeded for commercial or what ever reason by 2 hours to get the job done if the crew and commander are comfortable with it. Legal fact.
• An 18 hour FDP already extended 2 hours by Commanders Discretion can only be extended in emergency. Legal fact.

I believe 18 hours is only to be exceeded in case of emergency.
• Nowhere does it say the commander can only extend beyond 18 hours in emergency. This is you industrially motivated interpretation which is legally incorrect. Fact

I did not realize the terminals/hotels were not heated in Canada.
They probably are. Who cares. This doesn’t make -20°C to -30°C temperatures safe if you aren’t properly clothed and equipped. I have no idea what the accommodation situation in Winnipeg was like on the 4th. Do you? I would suggest though the commander of this flight probably did and partly based his decision on it.

Like being configured at 1500', it is the limit, not the target.
Yep in normal operations 18 hours is the limit. This obviously wasn’t a normal operation for this particular commander and crew. Were you there? No you weren’t, so don’t presume to know what was going through this particular commander’s head just to score a politically motivated point. Quite frankly I think he made the right decision based on what the conditions were like, not because it suited the company to continue as you are trying to allude to.

You are just justifying why the rule was broken.
Sorry no rule was broken. Legal Fact. Oh that's right you're looking at it purely from a industrilly militant point of view.

Last edited by 404 Titan; 16th Jan 2007 at 06:02.