PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Booking out at small airfields
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 15:15
barrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
booking out, must be same as filing flight plan in us. not required [vfr] but recommended. having a hard time understanding English terminology [caa]. In USA, we have FSS, [flight service station]. you can call them on the phone, file flight plan, get weather brief, notams, all info regarding flight. you can call them in the air on dedicated freq's [rco] I could fly from sanfrancisco to new york, [2,800 statute miles] and stay below 18,000msl and never legally have to talk to one solitary controller, even when i got to the NY Hudson river, flew at 500agl looking UP AT THE SKYSCRAPERS, then flew east, passing JFK 4 miles to the south along the beach, and keep on truckin out to KFOK [gabreski] where i learned to fly in 1992 i never have to say a word to nobody. 1200 on txpndr, stay above, below or beside A,B,C,D airspace and nobody cares. when i was a kid growing up in BARROW-IN-FURNESS, my mother nicknamed me ZERO, cause she said "you'll never amount to anything" ha, if only the old girl could see me now