PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming; should I still go ahead with training?
Old 15th Jan 2007, 09:11
Mintflavour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with all of the above.
As already said global warming is a couple words used by the goverment to try and justify squeezing a few more £'s out of our pockets and put into theirs. I'm sure the money they make out of environmental tax does not go towards any 'green' developments, nor does it stop the average traveller from flying.

UKPPLC
Have a look at the real big picture of avaition and you will see the media and goverment are full of s**t.
For Starters
The airline industry is growing at a steady rate of 2.5% like it has been doing since the 1990's. Budget airlines like Easy are growing at 15% because they are winning business away from other parts of the market as well as maintaining the overall avaition growth.
Aviation is believed to contribute 3% of emmisions, by 2015 or 2020 (can't remember) it is forecasted to still only be 5%. Now compare this to cars at 20%, Power stations cant remember the exact figure but sure it was about 40% or higher.
Then you have east asia growing at alarming rates and don't seem to have much regard for CO2 output.
There are loads more stats, but these are just a few I read a few months ago, By no means am I saying they are correct but this is what I sourced from FLight International and Various airline and aviation web pages.

I hope this helps you start understanding and envokes you to start researching deeper into the bigger picture.
good luck with your decision.