PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2007, 06:59
SA242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dolly,

I was in a similar situation to you as I did all my schooling in South Africa so my grades where quoted in the South African system. I think if they sent you the written questions after your initial online application then it won't be a problem with your school marks. Always worth asking though.

Originally Posted by Dolley
Hi everybody,
I've got the following situation:
The reply for my faxed application (phase 1) was that ctc doesn't want to take my application any further. Obviously they didn't give me any feedback.
After thinking about it for a couple of days I started to wonder if they might think that I don't meet the minimum requirements to apply. The reason why I think this is that I stated all my school grades and qualifications in german. Whenever I applied to jobs before (in the UK) I stated the english equivalent but ctc sort of asks you to state your qualification as exact as possible so I did. But now I'm worried that they might not realize what it all means and assume that I don't have A-levels (Well, I don't. But I do have the equivalent!).
Does anybody know if it's worth a shot to send them an email (or a fax) stating this worry? Something in the line of 'I appreciate you can't give any feedback and I don't expect any but I would like to make sure that you know that I meet all the minimum requirements'?
It's just that it would be such a stupid thing to happen that I want to be as certain as possible that it's not even an option...just tell me if I'm just a bad looser! I decided to re-apply one way or another in six month time anyway so I know that already ;-)
Bring on your thoughts!
Thanks for any advice!