Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 21:19
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Virgin Pilots,
Congratulations and best of luck.
To Keg,
Well done. Based on the bars I go to I think that your comments of the last few months have reflected the mood of the QF mainline pilots precisely, none more so than on this issue – Unity.
To Vorsicht,
Although I agree that GD’s pay is not the main argument, it is, however, a valid point of comparison when the company (via the CFO) has been in the press essentially saying pilots are overpaid. There is one group in QF that are overpaid and it ain’t the Pilots – have you seen the comparison of QF management wages to those of other airlines…….. an eye opener!
They (the CEO and CFO) have the gall to imply pilots are greedy for wanting a less than CPI payrise when they both got a one off bonus just for signing a new contract that would pay for these pay rises and then some - $10 Million dollars between two guys! (BTW – this one off bonus was unilaterally approved by the board and therefore not signed off by shareholders).
The public are getting sick and tired of corporate greed and the taking of massive bonuses whilst employees get zip!