PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winches on Police/Airambulance helis?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2007, 18:41
[email protected]

Received 657 Likes on 290 Posts
Cylic - you are working on old info, since the advent of flight QHIs 3 years ago the adv SE package is practised far more frequently than once a year and the very first part of the sequence is a failure from the hover, first from 10' and then 15'. Now whilst that's not a 75' vertical reject it is still a vertical profile and allows you to point out that in a high vertical reject, you will need to lower the lever to contain enough Nr to cushion the touchdown.

If the towering take off is done correctly, you only transition when you have sufficient height/space to dive on speed for SSE - before that you take the vertical reject option. I'm not saying every mil pilot flys it correctly but most I have done cats on certainly do. The only difference between what we do and a perf A departure is that we don't maintain sight of the LS by moving backwards (thats what markers are for) and we don't have a pre-calculated figure for our cdp, it is done on best judgement just like your simulated Class one helipad departure.
Trolley, thanks for getting the thread back on track, I think you have put the issue of winches into the correct perspective.

Last edited by [email protected]; 14th Jan 2007 at 19:06.