PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Warming; should I still go ahead with training?
Old 14th Jan 2007, 09:45
Comanche250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ukpplc

As has been said you are in a great position and a lucky guy! Be carefull as BSD said about the mortgage of the house lark. What happens if the training goes tits up? What happens if you dont manage to get a job for whatever reason? Will you be able to pay back the loan? Im sure you will have thought about it with your parents but its worth keeping in mind. The £60 grand plus (if I remember rightly) that oxford want is a LOT of money for what they offer.

That aside, this whole thing about the global warming tax. If it is introduced in my opinion, its not going to make a blind bit of difference, if people still want to fly they will because their disposable incomes are high enough to justify it! Why stop going to that lovely warm country for £25/head or whatever it is? (I like it that way too becuase it means us pilots still have jobs and no one finds out about scotland

If you really want to get a job as a pilot, keep at it, dont ever stop, I agree with both sides of the motivation argument here, yes you are wise to stop and think about global warming, but is it really going to affect us as soon as we think, or is it going to affect us at all? The press do talk a load of b******* half the time so why should we believe them? And you should also consider if you are getting cold feet, not for one moment that Iam suggesting you are, its just worth looking at.

Anyway, if you've got the chance to do the training, go and do it and dont worry about global warming...for the moment! Good luck, hope it all goes well!

C250