PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unity
Thread: Unity
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 13:37
BankAngle50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEG some quotes from the DJ version of Qrewroom, which in were sparked from quotes posted from Qrewroom on thier site.

While many of us will be apt to say "who cares", when it comes to QF, I think you will find their positive support for us interesting.
One of their contributors reminds us of the unprecedence of voting down a union negotiated EBA. In another industry, this would probably spark an immediate vote of no confidence in the union negotiators and board (but I'll leave this one for you to think about?).
Read the transcript for what it's worth. Perhaps though, we are entering a generational change where personal differences including the hurt of 89 might be put behind us and pilots of all persuasions might unite again to protect our grand old profession

What a great post, I would hope it is the begining of some sort or amalgamation of AIPA and AFAP.
I am of the opinion that the AFAP totally miss-read the pilot body here at VB, and thought that we would simply ratify their crumby agreement.
I hope that some serious progress can be made towards joining forces with AIPA, and quite frankly, if the AFAP dont get something organised, I believe more and more pilots will seek representation elsewhere.

We are communicating with the administrators of both the QF and DJ websites and are hopeful of gaining some limited cross-access for those that are interested.
Getting some dialogue going between the pilot groups has to have some benefit. Jetstar, Eastern and Sunstate are there too so we begin to have a broad reach and its a bit more palatable than PPrune.

XXXX statesQuote:
Perhaps though, we are entering a generational change where personal differences including the hurt of 89 might be put behind us and pilots of all persuasions might unite again to protect our grand old profession.
Well said mate! All of us now need to look forward and concentrate on what can be changed. In some form or fashion the 3 airlines need to unite and bring some dignity back to the profession. It would nice to see some pride and happier faces rather than all the doom and gloom of recent. Easier said than done I'm sure; however the status quo will only lead us to an abyss of declining conditions.
Personally I think union negotiation is “old Australia!” We need to adapt to the times and better arm ourselves with the new tools of negotiation. AFAP seems unwilling to provide its members with such resources to date. I guess we could do nothing and hope the same old negations, using the AFAP, get us something better in a year. Perhaps a more proactive way forward would be to support the endeavor at ........