PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WINGS AND CS95 - Please help!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 09:53
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting side debate ...

Does it matter what you're wearing after being shot down? Your aircraft lies smouldering some 1 nm away, you're in a flight suit and the helmet nearby is a suspiciously reasonable fit (squipper dependent!). I'm with Leon here - most grunts capturing you may do little more than rough you up for fear of damaging 'the goods' if they know you're aircrew, as they may get into trouble for lessening the ransom demand.

There is no answer to this - only that I really think it makes no difference whatsoever whether you wear wings on your CS95 or flight suit in an operational zone. The only comment could be that the white could stand out too much - in which case a return to the black on green would be fine.
It does matter in a helicopter. Who are the pax and who are the crew (apart from the obvious of the crew being the ones looking down the wrong end of the gun)?
It also matters in FOBs, where snipers able to pick out such details as badges can take one look and say to themselves "ooh - I can down an aircraft here without it even getting airborne, and save HMG a shed-load of flying pay in one go..." Which is in itself an argument for wearing berets in such areas.