PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Security
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2001, 14:32
secureair747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Manchester Airport Security

This is to all the ppruners' from the other Manchester Airport thread.

Alcofly

Unfortunately apron staff are not allowed to access the apron via T1,2,3 outbound search areas due to the number of complaints from passengers. This is because dirt from apron staff (e.g. baggage handlers) clothing has been past on to theirs during clothing checks (frisking).

Silkman

Thanks for your remarks, about most of MAPlc security staff live in Wythenshawe and are uneducated.

WRONG!!

Maybe one does live next door to you in Wythenshawe !!
You will find,you silly person that the majority of staff do not live there but live in more affluent areas of Manchester/Cheshire
I myself live in Bramhall (3 Bed Semi £130,000+)which is obvious when I earn between £21,000 - £30,000 p.a. Also if you find the time to ask you will be surprised to learn that the majority of security staff are well educated, as the PLc could pick and choose who they employed.
Regardind ADI,ICTS when do you ever come into contact with them?
You will find most of them in Wythenshawe, their rates of pay are a joke £10,000 p.a.

Anyway you guys and girls you must remember that moral at MAPLc security is at rock bottom due to future pay cuts (up to 50%),new rosters and we are constantly being watched via CCTV by our management, these cameras are on every post and search area. So if there are any cock ups or guards not complying with management/DETR regulations then you can wave bye bye to your job (which has already happened to a few guards recently).
Yes I know there are some guards that will anoy and obstruct crews but they are in the minority.
So chill out, its our job and it can be a pain for some people but we must aply the rules as laid down by management/DETR.