PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Australia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2007, 01:15
regionalguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EAA FA
I didn't mean to infer that the new crew didn't care at all about their EBA but I don't think you can expect them to care as much about it as we more longer serving crew do. I'm sure if you ask them they will agree with you, however not wanting to start up an argument when you are relatively new to a job and really saying what you believe are two very different things.

As for AF, please don't assume that I don't know him or that I have'nt listened to what he has had to say. He was extremely vocal about his intentions and what he believed we should all be doing when the voting was happening. My point earlier was that he had nothing, absolutely nothing to back up what he was saying, and in fact was trying to lead us down a very tenuous path, whether he even realised that or not may be a defence for his action....... ignorance powered by ego is my view.

He suggested industrial action, he spoke of lodging complaints of coercion and duress, he wanted us to move to another union who I don't believe has any clout in getting the company to deal with them, nor have they had any expereice in looking after crew. Personally I don't actually mind him, but what I do have big issues with is his god like behaviour during the vote. That and then when I aksed some questions in my earlier posts, he came in with a different log in name (Dasher) and tried to water down what he had said he was doing, because he got it wrong. Not my idea of a leader, a leader needs to be able to take responsibility for their actions and advice, not to mention some experience and knowledge about what he is spruiking.

Do I wish the FAAA had called for action ? maybe but if we were going to do that I would want to know that we had the backing of all crew, which I and plenty of other crew, don't believe we have. We are in dodgy times now with the take over, I've said it before and I want to keep my job. Apart from all the whinging that goes on, we all know what is expected of us and what we get for it and its better than what's around "out there". Do any of us honestly believe that the take over group are going to care what 130 regional crew think or do for that matter ? Give me a break, we are all replaceable within days if that's what they want.

mr - boo
I agree it was a bloody awful time to be at work. I don't know what's happening, I asked around the other day and was told "we'll see" when everyone's back from leave (I guess that means NG ). Just for the record there are a lot of us that love our job too buddy, your not alone.