PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WINGS AND CS95 - Please help!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 19:05
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
The "Jointery" belt will be from his time as CJO.

I actually think we should advertise who we are at work - it makes it easier to find a subject matter expert (those bloody WSO/WSOp wings are a nightmare; you don't whether your speaking to a Nav/Eng/AEO or ALM - quite a spectrum of different abilities, don't you think?). If I had my way there would be a badge or emblem to distinguish all personnel's profession - don't you think it would be useful?

On the subject of sanitising before missions, I've always thought it a little excessive. There you are, standing with your hands up because your Walther has jammed, next a smoking wreck with the biggest fin in NATO, trying to say in Farsi that you're "not aircrew honest Abdullah!". Having looked into the Somali Blackhawk shootdown, I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that the captured US mate was a pilot may well have saved his bacon. If he was a grunt he would not be worth looking after after and would probably be handed to the angry mob with Mr Machete.

Ratty, what a great idea about Trinny and Susannah. "What Not to Wear, Sir!". Having seen some of my Boss's detachment "Going out kit" they are ripe for the treatment.

I guess no-one has any helpful tips on how to get in touch with the "Uniform Police" then??