PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bigger airports kicking out General Aviation!
Old 12th Jan 2007, 13:09
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am quite sure that the airspace in the USA is easier to use. There is also a lot more of it!

Our skies are crowded. Yes there seems to be something of a back door attempt to create controlled airspace all over the country, and if that happens then perhaps we need to look, through the help of organisations like AOPA how we develop a new way of interacting with that.

The bit that makes me laugh over this is that greedy airport managers are quick to kick GA out if they get a whiff of Easy, Ryanair et al, and yet don't give a moments consideration as to where the jet drivers come from. I am quite certain that if you carried out a poll of 100 jet pilots, 95 of them will have at least one hour in a 172 somewhere! We need to sit back and watch carefully. Manager reduce the available areas for GA, GA dries up, then after a while the available pilots for the airlines is woefully short and they start cutting services to cope. Can you see where this is going?