PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2007, 01:04
Samara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. I will be turning 40 soon. I spoke to a friend of a friend of a friend who recently atttended an open day in London who posed the question to the Emirates recruiters. He said that their response was that they had no upper end age restriction, only a lower one being minimum age of 20. However, he said that the friend who was 38 didn't get invited to the next day of interviews after the information day.

I'm pretty sure that I read on this site somewhere that someone's wife was going to apply and she was in her 40's and whether Emirates crew thought she had a chance. I might be getting confused though, not sure if she was intending to apply to Emirates.

Perhaps the recruiters just say that they don't have an upper age limit for discrimination reasons but are told not to accept anyone over the age of 35.

I guess you're right though, you don't know unless you try. I just think that if it is the case, I wish they would put it in print like other airlines do, especially those in the middle east who do advertise an upper age limit. That way you would know if you were wasting your time and theirs or not.

Either way, if you hear of anything for sure, I'd be most grateful for any more info.

Thanks again.