PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cpl First Or Ir?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 22:28
sam34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud 99
However I did find it very strange going back to VFR flying again. Things to consider are how comfortable you are in VFR flying, if you have done all of your flying in the UK (radio work can affect your IR considerably), and how much experience of IFR flying you have.
C99
I agree wih cloud...
I have a PPL (I'm french) and I wonder the same question.. IR or CPL first.
If you read the requierements JAR FCL for IR, it is written " have a PPL or CPL". so an IR course is for PPL AND CPL! If it was so difficul to do IR just after PPL why they would write that ??

But with my PPL and 110 hours of flight, i hesitate too... because I do not know how difficult IR is... we have an little idea of CPL course because it is a PPL "avanced" but IR we do not know well.

CLOUD, I do not understand very well your quote... what do you mean ? that VFR is easier than IR ??
I ask you that because I heard guys who said me that IFR is easier and more confortable because you are priority, you do not look for little town, little things, you just follow a track...
Most guys I met, they told me that IR is better than VFR when you know what is IR.
I do not know IR but in VFR i think it sometimes is difficult for example :
When you do not know well the country and the controller ask you to call back over a little town... or the VfR radio is pretty large :
" control FXXXX, from paris to london, VFR with flight plan, level 050, over St Patelin-pomé, with information echo, siera echo time 35, requesting transit papa papa golf etc.."

But I think if you want to do Ir before CPL you have to fly during your hours building with accurate. it depends how you do your hours building. Fly with an instructor if you think having a few bad skills.

I have 110 hours and I still wonder if I do IR or CPL... I try at the moment to fly as if I was a CPL for getting good skills.