PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - !!Singapore Airlines Cadet Pilot (Hong Kong)!!!!
Old 10th Jan 2007, 14:53
tom89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

My parents were both born in Hong Kong and hold HKID's. I went to HK last summer to apply in person, it got rejected immediately because my parents had British Passports when I was born, apparently, that makes me fully British!

I would have to get some commercial experience up to a few thousand hours then apply to CX. I would work as an ex pat in hk. They can't give me a visa as a cadet for some reason but they can if you are a direct entry SO/Fo/capt

Originally Posted by JayB
Hiya Tom89,

I reckon I'm in a slightly similar situation to yourself. I tried applying for a HKID card via the post last summer. My mother holds an ID card, but I have to go to HK to sit around for a month or two before they will consider my application.

Why were you rejected? were you in HK when you applied and do your parents hold an ID card?

Its great to see that bit about Cathay possibly sponsoring a visa, not sure how you go about it though. Any info that you have would be much appreciated!

Thanks