PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 18 week Fast Track CPL course
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 09:40
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, It was only my observations and opinion being voiced here. If you all think its a great idea, well goodo. I personally don't.
And when was the last time the commercial pilots flew a C172...the ones you had to land for I mean?
Well, lets see!, only about most of them if they fly on the weekends for themselves, most of them if they are doing jollies as a first job. Hell, I still spent a substantial amount of time in one. they are used quite widely in Australia, and are most CPL's first steed.
If you guys reckon you would employ a 150hr pilot that hadn't flown an aircraft before three months ago, you just go ahead and employ them. I have to wonder why there are so many way higher time pilots looking for work, and why most companies want to see some hours in the logbook before they will look at a pilto with a view to employing them.
How many guys/gals do you know that got a job with 150Hrs and three months after starting their training?.... be realistic. Not to many I warrant. It happens, but its the exception and not the norm.