PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 18 week Fast Track CPL course
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2007, 08:40
ptommo77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the wizard of auz
Maybe exposure to the industry for a start. some one doing the course over twelve months will certainly be around the school/club/aircraft a lot longer than three months. Also someone undertaking a course over twelve or so months will have to demonstrate a consistent level of proficiency where as the three month fella will only only have to demonstrate that level over a very short period..... good enough on the day sort of thing. Seems they would be taught to pass the exam instead of taught the subject. gotta be honest, I would be pretty hesitant in employing a 150Hr CPL as well though.
As for the last part of your statement........ well, I have been with some commercial pilots that have had the license...... and as you say, I assumed they could fly.......after a few circuits for a check before they took my aircraft away on hire, I have had to refuse to hire them the aircraft because they managed to bumble through four or so circuits and not be able to land the aircraft without me having to take it off them to prevent a prang.
A C172 is a pretty easy type of aircraft to land. Its not just been the one either.
Just curious as to how much exposure other people had while doing there flight training? I think the student that has the dedictaion and ability to study for four months rather than party and relax for a year will get just as much exposure...consider the frequency of exposure as well as the duration. And when was the last time the commercial pilots flew a C172...the ones you had to land for I mean? And without going into it...I think there are a lot of unknown factors that you haven't considered.