PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Management Captain fails to remove gear pin!
Old 14th Aug 2001, 23:25
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M.Mouse,

You have made your point well and I accept that the management pilot did then pay the price of his 'error of judgement'.

Sometimes the price paid is different. Look if you will please at the recent dismissal of Captain Stewart Clapson (R.I.P.) After the outcome of the industrial tribunal I believe he was to be re-instated as an F/O, which is the position he would have retired in were it not for his untimely death. Without dragging up all the old details again, I believe he was treated somewhat more harshly than the previously mentioned management Captain. These cases are rare but nevertheless significant. How do you think I would fare if one day I decided to continue a flight illegally, ignoring the advice of the rest of my crew, and place the lives of everybody on board as well as those on the ground in jeopardy? Could I expect to retire immediately on my full pension?

Having said all that I believe that BA management has a fairly good record when compared to that of some other airlines. I am pleased that you believe the CX situation is a disgrace. The current situation in CX is dire, as it is also in KAL.

Incidentally, I was under the impression that if the circumstances leading to a staff members dismissal were serious enough then that persons pension could be reduced by the amount that BA had contributed.

The very best to all of you in CX, particularly those pilots who have been dismissed.

Regards
Exeng