PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero-care Australia
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2007, 12:51
Swift6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Aeroscare experience!

I am a former employee of Aerocare and worked with Ozgrade3 in the impulse 717 days. They were the good old days where the company was small enough that you knew everyone and there was good morale with the staff (mostly pilots) - all for $15 or so an hour (any hour!).

A lot of us got the flick from the company after Impulse became a part of QFlink, with the promise of being taken back on by the company when work became available.

I spoke to the GM early the next year as the company had just won the contract to handle Freedom air out of NTL. I was brushed off numerous times and given no reason why I was'nt to be taken back on. After slogging your guts out, working for peanuts it was a bit of a slap in the face. If you work with them don't expect any favours or any love to be returned.

I got the last laugh though. I ran into Old mate whilst I was working for JQ as ground staff. He asked why I was working for Jq and not for him. I laughed in his face. And told he had got to be kidding! And basically walked off.

At the end of the day if your after the experience GO FOR IT! But don't expect it to be the best job in the world. You may be working around aircraft, getting experience. The enthusiasm wears off quickly!!

As for me I can't complain too much, after being layed off from Aeroscare, I went to uni, was taken on by JQ as ground staff and since then have
worked as a flight attendant.
And am now working as a pilot, which in certain aspects (Pay especially!!) is kinda of like working for Aerocare all over again, but this time with a difference I'm following my own dream!