PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2007, 03:31
AGEDMIL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The provision of ATS to Inverness departures/arrivals by Lossiemouth ATC has been, I understand, provided against a combination of manning (detachments)/endorsement/training problems and increased military flying in the ' Moray Bowl' area (EGQS/EGQK/EGPE). Lossiemouth ATC are not just providing arrival/departure ATS to Moray Bowl aircraft, but also LARS to military aircraft that climb out from low level requiring identification and handover to ScATCC(Mil) - and the reverse when aircraft are handed over by ScATCC(Mil) to Lossiemouth for low level in the Moray Bowl area. I understand that at ScATCC(Mil) they have a list of Priorities of Service to aircraft with Emergencies then ATS to UAS aircraft at the top and RIS then FIS at the bottom. I do not know if a similar Priorities of Service operate at Lossiemouth - but if EGPE do not get their radar soon - ATS to GAT may take 2nd priority to OAT, or maybe 1st come 1st served!

There will be every likelihood that EGQS will remain as busy and maybe get busier with their own aircraft, and EGQK will get busier once the next generation of Nimrods come into service. It is also rumoured that EGQK may well get station based FJ aircraft as well.

Military exercises are going to get more frequent north of the STMA, therefore the airspace between EGPE and the STMA will become, at times, a lot more congested! Interesting times!