PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US rules about after landing taxing in undeclared hijacking conditions
Old 7th Jan 2007, 22:47
con-pilot

Aviator Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Astrocaryum vulgare
OK, many of us fly to many, many nations around the world, I can't possibly think it's practical to look at every nation's legislation.

Silly Americans!
Well old buddy I may be a Silly American, however, when one is in the non-airline environment, as I in corporate aviation, you better bloody well believe that I check the rules and regulations of every country I fly to or may have to fly into on any extended trip.

Now back to the subject at hand.

When I was with the United States Marshal Service flying Boeing 727s most ATC folks knew who we were and who we had as passengers. One day we had problems extending the flaps for landing and I decided to leave the flaps down after landing so maintenance could inspect the flaps and find out what the caused the problem.

We had taxied about half way back to the ramp when the local controller asked us if "operations are normal". It took a second for the meaning of that statement to hit me and we replied yes and thanked them for asking.

So, back eight, nine years ago it worked. Don't know about today.