PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For MAS Pilots ONLY Pt.2
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2001, 09:02
Marcellus Wallace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hey read my earlier post. I sat for the ATPL exams in UK and still the certificate bears "not valid for issuance of UK ATPL". So there's more to it than what has been discussed here. Granted you need to be in possession of a UK CPL first in order to obtain a UK ATPL. Which means you will have to convert your licence by sitting for the UK airlaw etc.

Of course there are amongst us some fortunate enough to be trained in UK and are in possession of a UK CPL.

Anyhow..what's all the fuss about. We all possess ICAO recognised ATPL and are allowed to fly in and out and over so many territories which may or may not recognize our ATPL. Smells of protectionism if you ask me. If our ATPL's were such duds then I am sure UK CAA would want a list from Malaysian DCA with regard to those pilots with ATPL obtained before 1976 and only allow them to man aircraft flying over UK!

FYI...seven up...of course some here would claim..."your wan objective!no essay writing etc. etc." The way I see it, we will never measure up to the standards of some of these old ace's. "those days..." Can you imagine cockpit conversation starting with those 2 words? Glad I was never on the B744.