PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2007, 08:53
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, with RE in line to take delivery of some new ATR-72 aircraft shortly they might want to take the fight right back to FR, if that is what MO'L is doing with them, by putting on an ATR-72 on Cork - Luton on two or three times a day. How could RE lose and with some free fresh coffee and De Paper to read during the flight it would surely be a hit with Cork folk and it might have the further attraction of getting at FR's yield on ORK-London?

Are there incentives available now again for Cork - East Midlands? I do not know but if there were how about RE jumping in quickly and seizing the incentive initiative from FR if EMA was in their grand plan? Aer Arann might also want to consider a mid-day flight from Cork to Derry? The ATR-42 would be almost perfectly suited for such a new route trial. If Galway is working ex ORK then LDY should at least be the same if not better? Hard to see MO'L getting worked up enough to send a 140 seat restricted 737-800 down to Cork from Derry any time in the future! Even Cork-Rotterdam on the ATR should be okay for RE with the new aeroplanes? Remember that the City Flyer ATR did Cork-LGW-Rotterdam in times past with the same equipment.

As for Kerry allow history to repeat itself and take an RE ATR to Luton again just like FR did with their own ATR-42s. Hard to see FR replying with another flight from LON to Kerry and once again it would eat away at the FR yield.

If MO'L is not too bothered with Cork by jove he has had to spend a lot of cash on first making sure he got rid of easyJet from Cork and Ireland and as it seems from here he is now up for spending a lot of money once again on trying to squeeze Aer Arann on Cork-Dublin. it looks like to me that he is or someone else in Ryanair is indeed quite bothered by little ol' Cork Airport, the airport with just the wan airbridge, the short runway, the low cloud, the high airfield elevation and the no CATIII ILS!!?? I think MO'L or someone else there in the FR HQ is as bothered by Cork Airport as some of us on here are, don't you think?

It is understandable though as Cork Airport can do that to you! However, some of my medical friends tell me there are tablets available that can help with the problem!

Last edited by Tom the Tenor; 7th Jan 2007 at 09:22.