PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 4
Thread: CORK - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2007, 13:41
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fr Dub/lgw

I can understand why the FR summer schedule will have 5x DUB and 1X LGW, but I think that the company would be much better off to do 4X DUB and 2x LGW, as with those departures there is significant possibilities for connections to long haul destinations.

RE have clearly shown that they are well able to fight competition on this route, and as far as I am concerned FR and RE have two seperate markets. REs passenegrs are mainly on business and the're not too worried about the price. The fares to DUB are, on average about €50-€60 each way. They seem to be doing OK. FR passengers are those who would normally thake the train, drive, or get the bus.

Im putting my money on RE being on the ORK-DUB route for quite some time to come. Afterall the ATR is optimised for such short flights, the 737 gets nowhere near its most effecient crusing height, and must burn significantly larger quantities of fuel per passenger than the ATR. Also given the fact that FR are selling most seats at about €30-€50 rtn, I think this is a war FR might not be able to win.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Brian.