PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 21:23
balderino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A4
Balerdino, welcome to PPRune - I see this is your first post. I'm interested to know why you think putting peoples lives first is "a farce"? I do not know if you have any connection with the aviation industry - but if you comments reflect your attitude to safety then I sincerely hope you are not employed in any safety critical role in any profession.

I think "the farce" lies elsewhere, and EZY should be commended for taking the bull by the proverbials and telling BIA that they need to get their house in order. I see BA has now followed suit.

In answer to your question, I think it's a certainty that EZY, and probably most other operators will indeed transfer ops to CWL (Cardiff) when the wx precludes BRS. What else would you suggest they do - take a chance - and hope to get away with it - GET REAL!!!

A4
A4 - Apologies if my post could be easily misconstrued, however given your position and the current circumstances I can easily understand your reading it in that way. My post was intended to be a rhetorically sarcastic comment.

If it wasnt clear in my original post then let me make it clear here, yes i also believe the farce is to do with BIA and not any of the operators, you cant argue against the safety decision the operators have taken, period.
Of course I commend it like everyone else.

Yes this is my first post, and just for the record I have previously worked in the aviation industry and personally know serving pilots with EZY , although not operating out of BRS.

The reason why I posted, and perhaps why it didnt come across as it should have, is because I was fuming. Fuming that it has been allowed to get to this situation in the first place. Fuming that as a frequent user and big supporter of the progress that both the airport and operators have made in the last few years at Bristol, that it could now be jeopardized by in my view, a completely avoidable public relations disaster. It has been obvious that there have been issues for a while, as any reader of this forum will know and even more importantly by recent events. Even Jo Public could work out that there was no way BIA was going to win up against an aviation safety issue of this kind. Why didnt BIA act decisively and early? Even if they could not have physically sorted out the problem , they still should have recognized the fact instead of sitting on their hands and hoping it would go away, that's what i think is the farcical bit!

Co-incidentally, I was on board a plane that skidded on the runway at BRS some years ago when the Newcastle flights were operated by the Dash props, so believe me I'm on your side! Which points out also, what someone else alluded to, that BRS has always been a tricky place to land in certain conditions.

Regards

Balderino