PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 17:38
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I myself felt quite proud to be part of easyjet today.
I'm only cabin crew but I had been following the increasing number of incidents and have to say that I started to be more and more worried about the situation, and wondering if it needs somebody to get hurt before somebody will do something about it.
Therefore I'm more than relieved that easyjet took this step, although I'm quite aware that there might be some dire consequences looking around the corner.
I'm not surprised that most airlines followed easyjets lead. How could they not? If now something would happen after easyjet made the statement about safety concerns... Well, I'm not surprised that ryanair doesn't give a damn...
I just hope they'll find a solution so we don't have to operate out of Cardiff everytime it rains (somebody told me that rain seems to happen on a more than regular basis in this beautiful country). That would be painful for pax, crew and company....and BRS airport too, I guess. At the end of the day nobody (at least I don't) wants BRS airport to get into so much financial trouble that they have to shut down.
But, at the end of the day, it's nice, for once, to be reminded that there is people and companies out there that care more about safety and people than money and reputation. So for me this whole day, despite all chaos, feels slightly up-beat on the pure matter of human nature. The only thing that I found a bit disappointing was a quite obvious seperation between flight deck and cabin crew in BRS crew room today(which isn't normally the case). But that was probably just me, or just because of circumstances.
Plus, I'm not unhappy about the unexpected day off :-)