PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 17:27
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 251 Likes on 47 Posts
Marra,

The problem is that the travelling public just take things for granted. This is because 99% of the time everything works and when it doesn't, they don't understand why. That's not a criticism by the way. A significant number of the public think that "it's all automatic - just push a few buttons and it's all done for you". How many times have I heard that?

Perhaps the complaining pax at NCL would like to think on the following analogy:

We will give you a gun with 10 chambers in it and load two bullets. Now spin the barrel, point the gun at yourself and pull the trigger. I guarentee that not one person would do it. So why then do they think they know best when it comes to landing an aircraft on a runway of questionable ability. It may be ok, or perhaps you'll slide off the side/end, collapse the gear, rupture the fuel tanks and suffer a catastrophic fire ...... perhaps a bus from CWL isn't so bad.

If anything, these complaining pax should reflect and be praising EZY for putting the passengers interests ahead of any commercial consideration......

As Commanders we carry a responsibility that most people cannot begin to comprehend. I'm not "bigging myself up" - just stating a fact. I am personally responsible for the lives of 150+ people, a multi-million pound asset and the Company's reputation. If I'm not happy about any safety aspect of the operation I WILL NOT go and my company WILL back me up. The passengers should respect that decision - it's taken for YOUR safety - not for your inconvienience

So, travelling public, when you get angry because of a slight inconvienience - just take a step back and think .......

A4