PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero-care Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2007, 11:47
Ozgrade3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Topend, I have to wonder what planet you're on.
I worked for them in sydney for 5 years from mid 2000 to 2005 in sydney. Impulse ramp, DHL Jedi, hazoz/rex ramp, VB, Lighties. Apart from the first 12 months on the Impulse operation where we were the gun turn around team in the world ( try 14 mins and 10s from on blox to push out) for a 717 with full oad in and out during the Olympics. oh and 2/3 of the boys there were active pilots.
But it all started to unravel in mid 2002. The owner started out as a top bloke and everyone got along with him, even to the point of the boys turning down union advances in 2002. But employing the wrong middle management.....including family was the turning point.
The final straw was the bringing in staff from quiet little outports(such as Townsville and Canberra.....one in particular wet behind the ears supervisor from townsville, all of 21 years old comes to mind) to tell the sydney guys how to run the Rex operation in Sydney ultimately cost them the Rex contarct. It told them it would happen before I left. The middle management was arrogant and out of touch.
Their moto, safety..............well ask airport doctors about their injury rate. efficiency, well u get efficient labour when you have staff being rostered to finish at 2am and start the next shift at 5am. I myself did 2 x 24 hr shifts. integrity.............mmmmm what was that rule about not allowing somone to give their ASIC to someone else to gain airside access.
In the final 6 months on the Rex op in Syd, we had almost 100% staff turnover in 7 weeks.

Last edited by Ozgrade3; 5th Jan 2007 at 11:59.