PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Airways hiring / expanding this year?
Old 4th Jan 2007, 16:12
JG1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A search revealed 6 threads.

2006 threads :

Beechbum: Unless some one else can verify....
1. SAA F/O - >20K/month
2. Comair - <20k/month
3. SA Airlink - <20k/month
4. SA Express - ?
5. Nationwide 72/73 - <20k/month
6. 1 Time - >20k/month

Nugpot : I have access to the scales of various airlines (excluding 1Time), and I can vouch that at three of the airlines in SA, FO's can take home more than R20k per month.
In fact, if you have an ATP, you will take home >R20k/month within 3 years of joining at all three.

2004 threads :

Red8 : Our cojos (no airline given) earn between 12-18k a month. I guess that is not really in the peanut category, but still one always wonders if the grass IS greener....

Yang : Monthly Gross salaries plus S & T's:
Airlink: co pilot: R 13 000 Capt: R21 000
Express: Co pilot: R 15 500 Capt: R23 000
Nationwide: Co Pilot: R 10 500, Capt: R18 000
Comair: Co Pilot: R 16 000, Capt: R 26 000

Barellroll : The Nationwide salary for captains are about R23000 before tax.
At Airlink a few years ago, some guys got command after 3-4 months, but at the moment it is closer to 3-4 years. The command salary there is also about R24000 before tax.

The threads weren't very specific about figures, seems the guys are shy.
Knowing your market value can only be beneficial to you! So, don't be shy, stick together, post the salaries you know guys are earning, F/O's and Captains, at each company and lets get an idea of what we are worth and what we could be earning. Give yourselves some ammunition when it comes to that salary-increase / interview.

If 150 new medium jet jobs are going in 2007, then the companies are going to have to stump up the industry average plus more if they are going to attract / keep qualified pilots.

Nugpot, if you do have salary scales, please PM me with them, it would be much appreciated, tx.