PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverness Radar
Thread: Inverness Radar
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 15:58
madlandrover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose that makes the airline pilot - among other people - he said it to a liar then...? You're a braver man than me. The microlight question is, I think, a separate one, and one that's being fought hard by several people as we speak. The prescence of the flying school is also a different matter, being as it is one of the greater providers of movements at INV. I was referring purely to private GA, something that is most definitely not popular with certain (and I must make it clear that I'm not referring to all!!) controllers and management types.

1 thing I should add. I most definitely do not blame INV ATC for the current developing mess, they often do a very good job working in the face of a purely profit conscious management, even if there are certain controllers who have a slightly biased view of the "priorities" of traffic. Like anywhere else we have to survive alongside each other, so personal battles are a poor idea. Unfortunately, for most people flying at INV, be it commercial or private, the controllers are the only public representatives of HIAL that we have any contact with on a regular basis, so it's inevitable that they'll get a certain amount of the feedback from questionable company decisions. Sad, but true, I really wish life was different!