PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Job Q's
Thread: First Job Q's
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2007, 09:28
Paul Alfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURNERAB, I was in a similar situation 2 years ago but was restricted by location due to my darling wife who didnt want to pack up and head into the 300 hr CPL sunset! I knew most of the local operators in my area but only a couple took on pilots with these hours. There was one CP I knew vaguely who I kept in touch with probably only once every 6 months.........when I hit the 300 mark with some good C210 time I SMS him my hours and quals etc., obviously in brief format. He was impressed with the originality of my Resume delivery and was coincidently looking at putting on a part time pilot not far from home. I saved him time and money with the SMS timing it beautifully before he was about to start filing through all the resumes he had. This kept the MRS happy and enabled me to fly throughout the year and not sacrafice our income. I was lucky, and a lot of CPL first job offer breaks are but with the SMS I thought beyond the square.........good luck buddy....Riding the Goat did sum it up beautifully if your prepared to hit the road and dont have a family who cant go with you.
PA