PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero-care Australia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2007, 12:51
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go Skystar mate, if you can. They get paid more and treated better. You know the AC guys can work up to 13 hours, and there's technically no limit on how long they can work? Heard this from an AC employee, is this true across the board? If so, you guys need to get a union/agreement of some sort!!

And true, if you want to have a life/study/other job, forget it. I had two or three weeks left of study, would be in class all of 2 or 3 part days per week, rest of time they'd own me, but they didn't want a bar, even though have experience and happy to start at 2am if Ihad to. Seems they like turning down experience for newbies who don't care how crap they get treated. Know of 2 mates personally who had flying/ground handling background, working on much bigger a/c than 737s, who got the flick despite being available 24/7. Their loss I say!!

HOWEVER, if you just want some experience and something short term, why not? (But do give Skystar a try, by all accounts they are MUCH better to work for!!)

Good luck!!