PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S-92's Grounded
Thread: S-92's Grounded
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2007, 16:08
500e

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newer Mod

Originally Posted by SASless
The SUV thing is typical of any short wheel base, high Center of Gravity vehicle. Lord knows the US Army Jeep killed more GI's than did the enemy....certainly the case for the M-151 Jeep of the Vietnam War Era.
Modern pickup trucks now have the fuel tanks "inside" the frame rails vice outside as they did for ages. That was the result of accidents, research studies, and changes in the Federal law.
Nothing is as unforgiving as the Air when combined with gravity. The Sea runs a very close second. Neither of which surpass a woman scorned!
SAS do we expect a upgraded Woman scorned CC+++ perhaps ? (had mine for 35+ years pretty much no down time , value for money is still unbeatable, best deal of my life )
But I tend to agree with you regarding customers receiving value whatever they spend money on, if the manufacturer had to reimburse fully for down time some of the long waits for bugs to be sorted, spares to be made, available would disappear.
The reply we get to to queries complaints to manufacturers are 1, your the only person with this problem! 2, not heard of that before, will look into it.
Then either AD to say shorter examination times or replace parts at lower life ALL extra cost to operators, without FULL recompense.
I fully understand that problems arise that no one can envisage,but previous contact regarding, spares, maintenance, will affect the way you react and your tolerance to delay if you are a P***d off due to spare delays, you are already checking the bottom line, and will not feel it is up to you to be reasonable.