PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transair and the Regulator.
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2006, 22:51
Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Averted thousands of accidents, what are you unsure of ?, how would you like me to expand that expansive claim ? .

Here's a question, do you think having RBT units at random locations around all capital citys saved lives last night ?, i certainly do, same applies for CASA takes a similar role by doing audits, setting out legislation, ramp checks and licence testing.

RCA - If you've seen an RCA, you'll know that it can be issued for a range of reason from a spelling mistake in your ops manual to being caught with a pilot flying line operations on an expired medical. I would be suprised if a spelling mistake in an ops manual could ever be the cause of a fatality.

All operators in Australia enjoy "safer skies" because CASA/ATSB/ASA are always on the ground somewhere, always looking at the relevance of legislation ( although very slow to act at times - CAR 206 ), regularly auditing operators looking for excursions from legislation or SOPs, the list goes on.

In my opinion CASA are not perfect, neither am i, but imagine our industry without them ?.