PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2006, 16:08
fmgs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standard Noise:

I find your two postings a wee bit sanctimonious, I'm afraid.

If you are, as you say, an ATCO at BRS, surely you have a duty to report anything that you consider dangerous to the proper authority, and not just to the aerodrome operator. Or are you afraid to put your head above the parapet? There is an occurance reporting scheme in this country; use it. If you need to go direct to SRG, do so.

And just how are the contractors "idiots"? Are they responsible in some way for deviating from their contract in a way prejudicial to flight safety? If they are, what are you and your colleagues actuallydoing about it? A neighbour is a director of the construction company you have identified; I'm sure he'll find your comments interesting.
The truth might be that BIA Authority might not be carrying-out their responsibilities with regard to WIP due to commercial pressure, and interpreting the rules and regulations in a way that is commercially beneficial to them.

If safety is being compromised, in any way, then there is no use in standing on your soap-box in PPRuNe, you have a duty to report it.