PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Special thanks from Wiltshire Constabulary!!
Old 31st Dec 2006, 15:53
shawshank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Split, I take your point and wholeheartedly agree. But the fact remains that Lincs has a high number of serious or fatal road accidents. If you could offer a reason for this I would like to hear it.

IMHO, human error is the cause of most accidents. Educating drivers and making them face the reality of dangerous/inappropriate driving is the best way to reduce accidents. However, in the majority of cases there are always contributing factors. My point is that Lincs road system has many contributing factors which can catch even the most cautious drivers out. (a simple loss of tration due to a poor road surface isn't an issue until you slide into the 15ft drainage ditch)

Yes a careful driver should observe a hazzard before reaching it but the fact of the matter is we are all prone to human error (some more than others admittedly). But when so many hazzards occur so frequently then the chances of an accident occuring increases.

On the other hand you can never account for the dhead drivers who just won't listen no matter what you tell them. (is it me or do they all drive crap cars that have been heavily modified)