PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2006, 13:39
Anotherflapoperator

...So speaks an angry man.

I got in this morning to see a handwritten notice to warn of the temporary 20kt crosswind limit sitting in the fax, with the official version in my inbox for the manual when I got back from LGW. Our company is certainly taking it VERY seriously, as they should do.

Modern commercial life does seem to be a case of Airport operators cutting corners whenever possible in the name of cost savings or profits, while ATC, Airlines and emergency services face the consequences of these acts. BIA is not the only one by far, and either we accept it and work together to make it work SAFELY or bleat to the Authority, who has time and time again, meekly stood by and let them get on with it. Mind you, I did my FRS in BRS this time round, and there did seem to be a lot of improvements and work being done since I was last there in the dim and distant past.

Best of luck to all of you flying in and out of BRS these next few weeks, not nice at all, and always remember to stick to the SOP and limits on all occasions to cover your own arses! Havnig read up on the last over-run on a 145, the bit about the spoilers closing up again as it thinks you've stopped really got me thinking.....eugh. Fly safe in 2007!