PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Aircraft off the Runway at BRS?
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2006, 21:48
Churchillian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brain fade
Merchant
30Kts wet or dry. I'm on the ERJ-145's that are operated by BA Connect.
It's a friendly airport if you follow me, and I love our handling folk. But the airport and ATC are totally rule-bound and full of the silly rules that only small 'international' airports love.

Still, that's a small price to pay for a really good regional airfield!

Filton would do ALL Lulsgate does, but better.

ps. Hi Standard.

pps. Does ATCOJ30 talk that way at home?
Brain Fade,

I have spent the last 12 years ensuring pilots like you can operate safely into and out of this small 'international' airport; most of which were spent separating you and your colleagues from the myriad of military and light aircraft operating outside CAS. I also hit the bells last night for the unfortunate crew who slipped off of the runway and spent the next 15 minutes ensuring they and their passengers were OK. None of us are content with the current runway situation and advised the airport authority of our disquiet at a very early stage during the works - we are now working with them to provide the most accurate and timley information to all crews operating to/from EGGD.

Be careful accusing a professional group of people (like you and your fellow BA pilots) of being 'totally rule bound'; it probably means we ARE professional and, like the best pilots, are not prepared to cut corners for expediency. We are here to provide you with a service and keep you safe - it's worth remembering that before you next denigrate Bristol ATC.