PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL Pilot Exodus
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2006, 20:23
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advise

Paolylo,

Just out of curiosity, is your Dad still in the Philippines or is he working overseas ?

My advise to you is for you to go and lodge your application with PAL Av School and try your luck. No use being a pessimist at this time as you don't know yet if they will reject you or not.

IF THEY DO REJECT YOU because of your father then they are not the only AV School in the world and you wouldn't want to be with them anyway for that shallow reason. If you have the money to pay then it's their loss.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I am assuming it will not be a guaranteed placement in PAL once you graduate anyway ?

Why don't you just go overseas and study there instead. Once you have completed CPL/ME/IR do a Flight Instructor rating in the U.S., Australia or Canada and work there for a few years.

If you are really itching to get into the heavies (if you can afford it- although I don't recommend) is to go to Miami, Florida and enrol with SimCenter for a
B737NG, A320 type rating ( $7,000 US and 12,000 US respectively) and 17,000 for a Part 121 "on the job training" course in which they'll give you
500 hours of F.O. time on the aircraft of your choice. I know a guy who got hired after 300 hours by a 739 operator. This'll include a complete US FAA ATP license and a TR.

Go, get your CPL outside the Philippines if you can (afford it) and do it that way. You never know, you might end up with a US carrier or the likes of Cathay, Singapore, Dragon and others.

Forget PAL if they reject you and move on. Don't waste time with them.
Once you get the jet hours, you can always come back to the Philippines if you so decide and work there. But I can guarantee you that you won't.

Goodluck friend. As they say "go hard or go home ". How you handle this situation will determine how well you will be come a future captain ( not in PAL maybe)

Just my two cents worth.

D6