PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have any info of Solisos Airline???
Old 27th Dec 2006, 18:21
Revnetwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVSEC,
Take it easy man! I do understand your frustration with certain posts that might not have the full facts, but people are only repeating what they heard/read from other sources. Your claim seems to say "well, there was windshear, we flew into it and crashed.-it's not our fault" I am dumbfounded by that!!!!!
With regards to the Sosoliso incident in PH last year, I was very incensed when I saw that they were attributing the cause of the crash to natural weather phenomena. I have seen a copy of the report although I don't have it with me now, but I remember that some of the causes identified were:
1) The crews' decision to continue an approach into an area of expected windshear
2) Their decision to continue the approach lower than the DH while not stabilsed or even on the ILS in poor visibility.
3) Their late decision to execute a go-around
4) Touchdown was on the grass between the runway and taxiway
etc,etc,
There were other contributary causes of the fatalities as well, including but not limited to a)the poor/non-existent fire cover at the airport. b) the inappropriate placement of the concrete berm the aircraft struck, but the airline must be blamed fully.
I wonder why immediately after the accident, Sosoliso was in the press every other day advertising the fact that they had just recruited an American training captain. That to me looks like the actions of an airline that knew they'd done something wrong. How they got along without training captains before the accident, I don't know.